Free Trojan Removal Guide
Problems: Trojans can cause numerous problems, from stealing personal information, like banking credentials, to slowing down your computer.
Symptoms: A Trojan or Trojan horse is a malicious application that masquerades as a legitimate program on your PC. Its intent is to steal your information or do harm to your PC.
Recommendation: To find and remove Trojans, follow the free tips below. To scan for active malware and PC errors, click below to get the free download. It will detect and remove malware running in Active Processes, ensuring a stable and responsive PC.Download Now: Malware Removal Tool
Diagnose and Remove Malware
SparkTrust PC Cleaner Plus can fix many system problems, including removing malware.
Follow the steps below to find and remove malware running in Active Processes.
- Step 1:
- Start the Download for the SparkTrust PC Cleaner Plus Malware Removal Tool.
- Step 2:
- Click Run or Open and install as directed.
- Step 3:
- After scanning, simply click Fix All to remove active malware.
What is a Trojan?
Trojan horse viruses don't insert themselves into a file on your computer like some viruses, but that doesn't mean they're harmless. Quite the contrary, Trojans present themselves as legitimate applications, such as games or toolbars, when their real motive is to hack into your computer. Once you download a Trojan program onto your machine, it can steal your information or delete important files and folders. If you suspect a Trojan virus, it's vital to get rid of it ASAP. If you know which program is a Trojan, you can manually delete it. Otherwise, run a trusted free anti-virus program that can detect and remove the virus.
How do I remove a Trojan? Follow the Free tips below.
Option 1: Manually Remove the TrojanManually removing the Trojan virus is only an option if you have determined which program is the Trojan. If you have no idea which program is the Trojan, skip to Option 2.
To get rid of the virus:
- Back up any important information on your computer to an external storage device, such as a flash drive or external hard drive, before you do anything to get rid of the Trojan. In the event that the virus manages to delete content before you completely annihilate it, your back up copy can serve as a replacement later. Items you might backup include written documents, photos, as well as your computer registry. Shut down all currently running programs as well.
- Click on the Windows icon in the bottom left corner of the desktop to bring up the Windows start menu. Click on the white arrow next to "Shut down" and choose "Restart" from the menu.
- When your computer starts to reboot, hit the F8 key repeatedly (before you see the Windows logo or anything else on the screen) to bring up the advanced options menu. Choose "Safe Mode with Networking" from the list of options and wait for your desktop screen to appear. Note that in Safe Mode your desktop icons will appear enlarged, but this is normal.
- Open the Windows start menu and choose Control Panel from the menu.
- Locate the Programs group in the Control Panel screen and click on the "Uninstall a Program" link.
- Locate the Trojan program in the list of programs currently downloaded on your computer. You can use the headers along the top of the menu to sort the programs by name, publisher, and the date they were installed onto your machine.
- Click once on the Trojan program to highlight it and then click the "Uninstall" icon in the toolbar. Wait for the program to completely uninstall and then reboot your computer in regular mode.
Option 2: Use an Anti-Virus Program
Download a trusted anti-virus program, such as SparkTrust AntiVirus. This is a FREE anti-virus program that is proven to remove trojan infections. If you are unable to download or operate the program because the Trojan interferes with it, go back to safe mode.
- Open Internet Explorer on your computer (you can also use another browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox).
- Click on the Tools icon and choose Internet Options. Choose the Connections tab and then click LAN Settings.
- Uncheck the box next to "Use a proxy server for your LAN" and click OK twice to get out of the Internet Options window. You should now be able to use your online connection to run a virus scan on your device and locate the virus for removal.
- Download SparkTrust AntiVirus free scan program. Alternatively, open the Windows menu and search for "Run." Hit "Enter" to open the Run box and then enter the URL (http://downloads.sparktrust.com/av/) into the run box and click "OK."
- Open SparkTrust AntiVirus free once its downloaded, and click on the "Scan" button in the bottom left-hand pane. Your scan will automatically begin, and you can watch the scan's progress and see when a threat is detected.
- Wait for SparkTrust AntiVirus free to scan your entire computer for threats. Depending on the size of your hard drive and the number of files you have, this may take either several minutes or around one hour. When your scan is complete, SparkTrust AntiVirus will alert you to any detected threats. In some cases, the anti-virus program will automatically quarantine and remove the threat, or it may ask you to confirm which action you want it to take. Click on the "Address issues" button and then highlight the Trojan on the following screen and choose "Remove selected."
- Reboot your computer in regular mode to complete the process.
- Minimum System Requirements
- 20 MB free hard disk space for initial installation
- Microsoft IE 6.0 and above
- Logged on as administrator
Operating System RequirementsWindows 10 (32 & 64-bit), Windows 8 (32 & 64-bit), 7 (32-bit), XP (32-bit)
ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES