Free Malware Removal Guide
Problems: Malware can lead to a variety of problems, from stalled programs to a complete computer crash. At its worst, malware can help a hacker gain access to important information on your computer, or allow someone to track your user names and passwords on personal Internet sites, such as online banking.
Symptoms: Malware will present itself on your computer in a number of ways, but there are several key symptoms to look out for. If your Internet browser homepage is suddenly changed to an unfamiliar site, or if you are asked to change your homepage, you may be the victim of malware. Malware can also make your computer run slowly or crash, and cause incessant pop-up screens.
Recommendation: Malware should be removed as soon as possible to avoid a complete computer meltdown. Follow the solutions below, which range from a free malware and pc performance diagnostic to free anti-virus solutions.Solution 1: Malware & Performance Diagnosis
Diagnose and Remove Malware
SparkTrust PC Cleaner Plus can fix many system problems, including removing malware running in active processes. Follow the steps below to find and remove malware running in active processes.
- Step 1:
- Start the Download for the SparkTrust PC Cleaner Plus Malware Removal Tool.
- Step 2:
- Click Run or Open and install as directed.
- Step 3:
- After scanning, simply click Fix All to register the application and remove active malware.
What is Malware?
Malware is short for malicious software, which includes anything installed on your computer that might bring it harm. You may install malware believing it to be a legitimate program, or it may surreptitiously download onto your computer without your consent. Viruses, Trojan horses, and worms are some of the threats that fall into the malware category.
How do I stop Malware?
Malware can be avoided by taking great care about which websites you visit and what you download. Installing codecs for video downloads and illegal programs will increase your chances of encountering malware in the future. If you already have malware, there are many programs designed to help you get rid of it.
How do I remove Malware? Follow the additional solutions below.
Solution 2: Use SparkTrust Antivirus
SpartTrust AntiVirus is a free antivirus program that can seek out malware on your computer hard drive. Since malware can be hiding in a lot of places, running this program is a better option than manually searching for the malware’s location on your own. If you are noticing malware symptoms that make it difficult to use the Internet, restart your computer and press “F8” to bring up the advanced options menu. Choose “Safe mode with networking” to open your desktop in safe mode.
- Open the Windows start menu and choose Control Panel from the menu. Go to the Programs section and click on the “Uninstall a program” link. A list of all programs currently on your computer will open in a new screen.
- Click here to get the free download. In some cases, the download may begin on its own. If prompted, approve the download.
- When prompted by a pop-up window, select “Yes” to allow SparkTrust AntiVirus to make changes to your computer.
- Click “Next” to begin the installation process, and continue to follow the on screen commands, including agreeing to the terms and conditions and choosing a download location.
- Make sure the box next to “Run SparkTrust Antivirus” is checked and then click “Finish” to start scanning your computer for malware. The first time you run the program, a few updates will run prior to the malware scan.
- Upon the scan’s completion, approve the deletion of all found threats by clicking “Clean,” and restart your computer.
Solution 3: Run Windows Defender
- Click on the Windows start button and go to the Control Panel. Type “Windows Defender” (no quotations) into the search field and hit “Enter”. Click on the Windows Defender search result.
- Click on the small white arrow next to the Scan button in the Windows Defender toolbar. Choose “Full scan” from the drop-down list.
- Windows Defender will begin the scan. Let the program run; you may minimize it and conduct other tasks on your computer during the scan. Since a full scan can take several hours to complete, you should make sure that your computer is plugged into an outlet or has ample battery power.
- If prompted, approve the removal of any malware that is found on your computer.
- Restart your computer.
Note: If you have never used Windows Defender before, it will be disabled. Click the link that says “Click here to turn it on” to enable Windows Defender when prompted by a pop-up.
ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES